Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

Dinotopia

We had a great time at the Woodson Art Museum learning about the glass exhibit and of course Dinotopia: The Fantastical Art of James Gurney. We got to draw our own dino-art using water color pencils. I encourage you to visit with your family. The paintings are fantastic and will keep the attention of even your youngest. We talked about an early live action/cartoon animation film made in 1914, Gertie the Dinosaur. The whole film is about 12 minutes long and can be seen online at the link below. The piano accompaniment is similar to what audiences would have heard when they went to the theater to see this "silent film." I hope you get a kick out of seeing where we were almost 100 years ago in our film technology. Remember, in 1914, this film was cutting edge animation.Students let me know what you thought about our visit.

Mr. S.
http://www.archive.org/details/Gertie



2 comments:

  1. That field trip was very interesting. I loved all of the art work. It was so fun and very entertaining to me. Can't wait till another field trip.:) :D

    -Fernanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought is was awesome to see all the paintings... I wonder where the artist got his idea for the paintings. I loved going there. :D

    ReplyDelete