Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Woodson Art Museum

Fifth graders will take 3 trips to the Woodson Art Museum this school year. Our first on is next week on Nov. 11th. If you have time, we could use some volunteers to help with the tour. The tour begins at 1:00 and ends at 2:00. You simple need to be another adult in a group of students. the tours are led by the trained museum docents. I like to roam and take pictures of our students groups so the images can be used in the e-portfolios. Send me a note if you are available.

Mr. S.

17 comments:

  1. I'd like a field trip to the Woodson Art Museum. Especially three times!

    John P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i think this will be really fun Mr.Schmicker. I am not sure I have ever been there before but it really sounds fun. Why will we be going there three times this year?
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that place! I went there when i was five. I went with my grandma and we had so much fun! Abby :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That kind of stinks. We only get to take the tour for one hour. Oh well, at least we get to go. Can't wait to go!!!!

    Isaac M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggie,
    We go three times because the art changes during the year. Each visit will let us look and think about art and how it makes us think about our personal lives and the world around us as well.
    Mr. S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to go.
    I feel so excited right now but i feel bumed
    out because we only get to stay for an hour.
    At least we get to go.
    Wipee i can't wait!!!!
    -Fernanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like to see the paintings! They are really fun to see! I like to look at them cause sometimes they tell a story! The story's are very intresting sometimes!

    Abby :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah! I am so excited. I literary can't wait. Erin A

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this would be a fun place to go.
    Mercedes ( The awesomest)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like field trips I've never had 3 to the same place

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah john me to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still wish we cuold go longer. But we do get go 3 times!



    Isaac M

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mr. Schmicker,
    That is really cool!!! I cant wait to go! Thanks for telling me Mr.Schmicker. :)

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I Loved it! My favorite paintings is "Set in Emerald"

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never been to the same place 3 tmes in 1 yr I'm so pumped and the people thee are so nice
    Austin

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had a great time at the Woodson Art Museum. the people there are really nice and there are tons of great paintings. My favorite painting was the reflection of the water. My favorite sculpture was the cardnials on all those branches

    John P.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like your comment, John. I get to visit the museum every year and see the "Birds in Art' exhibit. Every year I am amazed at the beauty and originality of the art.

    ReplyDelete